· knowledge base
· buy ethOS
· mining calculator
ethOS Mining OS
ethOS is a 64-bit linux OS that mines Ethereum, Zcash, Monero, and other GPU-minable coins. Altcoins can be autotraded to Bitcoin.
#ethosdistro on freenode.
There are 5585 total ethOS rigs currently mining.
Buy it Now
- ethOS is released pre-loaded on a 16gb SSD and via Digital Download.
- Buy it at gpuShack.com.
- gpuShack accepts major Credit Cards, PayPal, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
- You must buy one ethOS for each rig on which you plan to use ethOS.
- Boots and mines: Automatic IP/hostname assignment, no need to install any drivers, configure XWindows, or compile any software.
- Supports multiple coins: Ready to mine Ethereum, Zcash, Monero and many other gpu-minable coins.
- Browser-based terminal: allow setup and configuration of ethOS rigs by connecting to their IP addresses via your web browser.
- Supports all hardforks and softforks: Blockchain syncing handled by pools and wallets.
- Supports up to 8 AMD GPUs: Any 2GB+ HD 7000 series, any R9 200/300/Fury/Nano, and any RX 400 series.
- Works on your hardware: Running on thousands of rigs with thousands of different components.
- Remote configuration: Instruct rig to remote reboot, set core clocks, mem clocks, fan control, pool info, and other settings remotely.
- Extremely lightweight: Works with weakest possible CPU made in the last 5 generations on only 2gb of ram.
- GPU overheat protection: GPUs will automatically throttle or turn off if they reach temperature thresholds.
- Stratum enabled: Automatically configured to mine via efficient stratum.
- Automatic reporting: Web panel with detailed rig statistics, charts, and event reports (example).
- Easy KVM: A terminal window opens with focus on boot, no mouse required.
- Easy update: Update to the latest ethOS version with a single command.
- Fast startup: Fast miner startup, low disk/cpu usage, and no out-of-space issues.
- Bios flashing: atiflash utility allows for quick gpu bios flashing.
ethOS was released February 15 2016. All proceeds from ethOS sales are distributed among the development team.
See ethOS changelog.
||Jan 19 2017
||Dec 22nd 2016
||Dec 21st 2016
||Nov 18th 2016
||Nov 15th 2016
||Nov 5th 2016
||Oct 31st 2016
||Oct 8th 2016
||Aug 21 2016
||Aug 15 2016
||Jul 24 2016
||Jun 20 2016
||May 4 2016
||Mar 31 2016
||Mar 18 2016
||Mar 14 2016
||Mar 4 2016
||Feb 15 2016
Limitations of Scope
The following features are possible on ethOS, but are not supported, and not planned for support.
- NVIDIA mining (ethOS is AMD only).
- Mining via getwork over the Internet (getwork mining creates loss of work due to latency, packet loss, and stale shares).
- Wireless networking (mining over wifi causes packet loss, regardless of operating system, especially in large deployments).
- GUI-based rig management (all required management is done through config files).
- Support for dual-PSU systems (if any issue is resolved by using a single PSU, it is a hardware problem).
- Support for solo-mining (solo mining requires downloading the blockchain and running a node on another system).
- Self-regulating reboots (automating reboots does not fix any hardware, software, or configuration problem).
- Support for USB sticks and HDDs (non-SSD disks are slow during bootup and may cause iowait bottlenecks).
- At least 16gb SSD.
- 64-bit system.
There is no email or skype support for ethOS. Please see the "Getting Support" section of the ethOS knowledge base.
ethOS is released under the "Small Goat with Red Eyes" license. You should buy one ethOS from gpuShack.com per each rig on which you intend to run ethOS. If you don't, a small goat with red eyes will visit you while you sleep.
ethOS is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
ethOS is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with ethOS. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses